How to create a frame with Facebook Frame Studio
If there is one takeaway from this year’s F8 developers conference, it is that Facebook is going all-in on augmented reality. The social networking titan is positioning its new Camera Effects Platform as the first of its kind — a space and toolset that allows artists, developers or just you to create Frames.
You can create a frame in Frame Studio for your friends and followers to see on Facebook. You have to use your own original art, or choose from our templates.
When it's been published, your frame will either:
- Be seen by all your friends or followers when using the Facebook Camera.
- Be seen by your friends or followers using the Facebook Camera in a specific location, if you make your frame location specific.
You can create a frame using your personal account, or the account of a Page you manage. Before you start, make sure the frame you plan to create follows Facebook Guidelines, terms
. Otherwise, it'll be rejected.
Creating a Frame
To get started, open Frame Studio:
2. Select Create a Frame.
To create your frame:
1. Upload your artwork, you'll need to use .PNG files, or choose a template.
2. Arrange your artwork in the editor.
3. Select an owner for your frame, for example your personal account or a Page you manage.
4. Add a name for your frame.
5. Pick a scheduling option to set when your effect will be published, and add keywords.
You can either click Save to save your frame as a draft, or click Publish.